If you are running sales appointment setting and lead generation services in-house, you may not be getting the full value from the money you spend on the effort. That's why some of the biggest companies in the world outsource some, or all of their call center functions to professional appointment setting firms. They help you make more money.
Call center outsourcing vs. in-house call center activities:
• Great appointment setters usually want to work a full 40 hour week, and that is usually not affordable for most call centers. Performance suffers because of that - either fewer appointments, or poor quality appointments. Appointment setting companies pay full time professionals well enough to have great ones.
• Appointment setters function much better when working on your project 2-4 hours a day, not 8. It becomes a case of diminishing returns.
• Appointment setters talk to the right people at the right time. It isn't about more calls it's about meaningful conversations with qualified prospects, that turn into sales.
• You need qualified sales appointments set for your staff-not an unlimited number, but one that allows your sales professionals to present your offer, negotiate and close.
• Provides a significant return on investment that is trackable.
• Focuses on disqualifying poor prospects to maximize your closing ratio.
• Allows you to do what you do best: close deals.
• Drives new revenue without having to expand or provide additional office space, computers, telephones or employees.
• Gives you the ability to have trained, skilled and experienced personnel to fulfill your call center needs with the ability to utilize appointment setting; phone sales; lead generation and lead qualifying; list and database scrubbing; database building; surveys; market research; seminar registration and fundraising.
If you have an in-house telemarketing department, you should run a test campaign with a professional appointment setting company. You will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome-you'll make more money in less time.
Brian Grinonneau is a partner with MaSM, a sales performance consulting and appointment setting firm in Toledo, Ohio. He has written extensively on direct marketing topics.